I was tagged by Marlene of Mission To A(nother) Marathon and not because we are friends but because I happened to be a person who was one of the first 11 to comment on a blog post of hers. So I’m not sure if I’m flattered that she chose me, which in reality she didn’t actually choose me so I’m not flattered but I’m doing it anyway.
There are strict rules to this little game of tag and I had to read them three times to make sure I was following them correctly as I don’t want to be thrown in Blogger Purgatory (which would mean having to go back to Google’s Blogger instead of using WordPress.)
Here are the rules:
1. Post these rules
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people!
I think we should add 5 more to make it an even 11…
11 Random Things About Me
- I was cut from the high school baseball team my freshman year and unfortunately that is where the story ends. No Michael Jordan success story here.
- In day camp as a kid we went to Yankee Stadium. I walked into a pole and split my head open and got stitches. This further inflated my hatred for the Yankees that continues to this day. I can still see the scar and feel the dent in my skull……F U Yankees!
- I want to shave my head completely bald. I’m already getting that hole in the back of my head but Karen won’t let me because she likes my hair.
- I pledged Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity my first semester freshman year and nearly failed out of school.
- I graduated from Iona College with my MBA and a GPA of 3.9X and still hold onto the notion that I did not get an A in that class because I went to North Carolina to visit my mother the week before the exam I got an A- on.
- I am a competitor and love competition. I watched a double dutch competition once on ESPN and was yelling at the TV screen and rooting. These kids were jumping rope for crying out loud.
- I hate it when I’m speaking to somebody and during the conversation that person says: ‘Well THEY say that you should……’ Who The F is they and what makes them the authority on this topic? Drives me nuts!
- I do not believe that parents are meant to be ‘friends’ with their kids but instead they are there to raise responsible adults. If you don’t want to do this then I would suggest that you don’t have children until you are ready to do that.
- I broke both of my thumbs as a kid playing sports. One was playing football and the other was playing baseball.
- I have been told I should have been an attorney because I love to ‘argue.’ I call it playing Devil’s Advocate and try to get people to think. See #7.
- My favorite number is 12 and I’m bummed that we stop at 11.
Marlene’s Questions And My Answers
Shouldn’t this be called 22 Randoms since there is a list of 11 items and now 11 questions…….
1. What is your favourite pair of non-running shoes? What is this pair of non-running shoes you speak of?
2. What are you wearing right now? T-Shirt, Jeans, No Socks….work attire
3. What is the first thing you would do if you won the lottery? Pay off my debt except my mortgage and buy a place in Colorado and New York
4. Are you named after anyone/anything? Yes, my father sort of. His name is Victor and my middle name is Victor
5. What is worse – being too cold, or being too hot? Too cold.
6. What is hanging on your walls at home? Pictures I buy at garage sales for $25 or less
7. What is the last thing that you took a picture of? Triathlon gear (Brooks Launch Running Shoes, Lava Magazine, Pure Fit Bars)
8. Who is the last person you spoke to on the phone? Karen
9. Where did you go on vacation as a child? Miami and I wouldn’t let other kids in the pool because it was a pool in MY-ami. Get it!
10. What is your favourite TV show? Heat Seekers on Food Network
11. How many pieces of jewelry do you wear regularly? 1 watch, 1 Road ID, 1 Wedding Ring = 3 pieces
My Questions To Those That Are Tagged
- Which do you prefer: Vanilla or Chocolate Cake?
- Which would you do: Jump out of a plane or Bungee jump off a bridge?
- One week, all expense paid vacation: Where do you go?
- Favorite Celebrity?
- What did you eat for breakfast today?
- Do you pass gas in front of your significant other?
- Favorite Vegetable?
- Favorite Commercial Of All Time?
- Do you still write checks? Why?
- Are you working in the field in which you obtained your college degree in?
- Shannon of IronTexasMommymy
- KC of ‘The Original” 140 point 6 miles
- Beth of Shut Up And Run
- Amanda of MissZippy
- Patrick of Stuff About.Me
- Emily of Run EMZ
- Summer of Blue Line Runner
- Rebecca ofSee Becca Try To Tri
- Adena of She Said I Need A Goal
- Jen of Miles, Muscles and Mommyhood
- Mandy of Caratunk Girl
I picked these people because we are friends on Facebook and I could just tell them there rather than having to go to 11 blogs and type the same thing. Efficiency people, efficiency.