Asparagus and Macaroni Salad is interrupting the regularly scheduled story of Ironman Texas today. I had another post ready to go but then I went to Food Republic and saw this picture on the site and immediately thought…..I need to repost that and let people know about this recipe.
This recipe couldn’t be any easier than what you see. For those of us who don’t eat cheese I am planning on substituting Nutritional Yeast for the Goat Cheese but seriously this looks so good and I hope you make it and let me know what you thought of it.
Thank you to Food Republic and Jess Kapadia who put this recipe together.
- In a medium bowl, combine goat cheese, lemon juice, zest and black pepper with a fork until smooth and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, transfer asparagus to a colander and lower into boiling water.
- Blanch asparagus for one minute until bright green, then remove colander from boiling water and drop asparagus into a large bowl of ice water to stop it from cooking further.
- Boil the macaroni in the water, drain, transfer to a large bowl and toss with the olive oil and red pepper flakes to coat.
- While still slightly warm, stir in goat cheese mixture and asparagus until the macaroni and asparagus is evenly coated.
- Season with salt to taste and refrigerate until 30 minutes before you’re ready to serve — it tastes better at room temperature.