If you have been a follower of this blog for a while then you will recall the Cupcake Marathon from last year. The turnout was great and I was able to get quite a few sponsors for the event and I am here to announce a new virtual race. The CTERman is going to be a virtual event that will have both triathlon and duathlon events and lots of giveaways.
This virtual race is not just to keep you moving during the winter months and prepare you for the upcoming early triathlon season. This year the virtual race will be a fund-raiser for Shape Up America.
I partnered with Shape Up America last year to help raise funds for the non-profit which is committed to raising awareness of obesity as a health issue and to providing responsible information on healthy weight management. As a person who believes that the health of America is jeopardized it is a welcome sight to see an organization take on such a personal subject and try to help.
Now is your chance to try to help as well. Your donation will go directly to Shape Up America and enter you into the distance of your choice as well as an opportunity to win a prize from one of our great sponsors.
Here are the rules:
- Enter the virtual race by making a donation to Shape Up America through the Help Raise Funds link in the right hand sidebar. The cost of entry into the race is $10 for the Iron distance triathlon and duathlon (minus the swim) and $5 for the Half-Iron distance triathlon and duathlon (minus the swim.)
- After you receive your receipt from PayPal take a screen shot and submit it through form below.
- Once I receive your registration form I will email you the tracking form which will be submitted via the Contact Me form.
The gifts I have been able to arrange thus far are:
- Aquaphor Gift Basket from Shannon of IronTexasMommy
- RoadID e-Card
- HydraPak Wooly Mammoth Bottle
- Ryders Eyewear Hex or Swamper
- GU Energy Sampler
- 4 shirts from ViraWear (1 for each race)
- Tri T-Shirt from Tough Chik
- 2 $25 gift certificates from Family Fan Club
- 4 Vega Sport Pre-Workout Energizer Tubs (19 oz) – Lemon Lime and Acai Berry
- 30 Vega Sport Electrolyte Hydrator (8 packs to both Iron distance events, 7 packs to both Half-Iron distance events
- 12 Vega Sport Performance Protein (3 packs of Vanilla to all four events)
- 4 Vega Sport Shaker Cups along with Master Brochures of the product
- 12 free downloads of fitness apps from JammyCo.
- 6 12 packs of bars or cookies from Boundless Nutrition
The event will start on February 13th and will end at 12am PST on March 11th. This virtual race is open to those in the continental United States for all prizes. Some prizes can be shipped to Canada but not all. All prizes will be chosen through Random.org
Special prizes will be sent to those that finish their event first. Please note that is first and not the fastest.
Lastly, I am working on adding more prizes and a logo for the event. Once the logo is complete there will be an opportunity to purchase shirts from Family Fan Club with a portion of the proceeds going to Shape Up America.
Please feel free to tweet out this event using the hashtag #CTERman to get others to register as well as when you are completing events for the race you enter. Post it to Facebook or anywhere else you have access to people as the more people that register the more money we raise for Shape Up America.
Thank you in advance for participating in this event.