So I am 8 weeks into this and I will say that this week was my first ‘failure’. I did stay under budget but I did not make a lot of meals this week because I spent 9 hours on Saturday and 9 hours on Sunday a the RRCA course which means that I basically did not make breakfast or lunch at home and so lost 4 meals. It is a failure not because I did not cook but because I purchased food for the entire weekend without thinking about the fact that I will not be home to cook.
I finished with 14 meals for $47.68 or an average of $3.41 per meal which is nearly 50% higher than my average cost year to date. That doesn’t make me happy but that means that I will be sure to make plenty of meals at home this week.
I learned to make pizza dough (recipe below) though which is huge as that will allow me to make pizza on a whim and brings my food consumption closer to home and not at some local pizza shop. I also plan on making vegan pasta, meaning no eggs in the flour mixture. I am excited to make this pasta but at the same time I know I have boxes and boxes in the pantry that I need to get rid of.
My Grocery List for the week:
|Granola Wraps||$3.29||Chia Seeds||$3.04||Mustard||$2.99||Vegetable Broth||$2.59||Strawberries (2 pkg)||$2.50|
|Blueberries (2 pkg)||$4.00|
|Gold Bell Pepper||$0.77|
|Green Bell Pepper||$0.98|
|Red Bell Pepper||$0.77|
Here are the meals that I made for the week:
|Monday||Recovery Smoothie||Mexican Salad (out)||Quinoa/Veggie Tacos||Pear||Corn Thins/Honey|
|Tuesday||Oatmeal Raisin Pancake||Vegetable Wrap||Pancakes & Egg White/Veggie Tacos||Corn Thins/Honey/Banana|
|Wednesday||Coconut Milk Yogurt/Fruit/Granola||Vegetable Wrap||Green Pizza||Apple||Orange/Strawberry/Blueberry/Banana Bowl|
|Thursday||Coconut Milk Yogurt/Fruit/Muesli||Cauliflower/Broccoli/Tomato Stew||Black Bean Burger and Zucchini Fries||Pear|
|Friday||Granola with Coconut Milk||Smoothie||Italian Tacos|
|Saturday||Sweet Potato Pancakes||PB&J, Herbalife Smoothie||Herbalife Smoothie||Orange, Apple|
|Sunday||Herbalife24 Smoothie||PB&J||Salad With Tempeh|
Ingredients: 1/2c Whole Wheat Flour, 1/2c Rye Flour, 1 pkg fast rising yeast, 1/2 tsp Salt, 1/4 tsp sugar, 1/2c Water, 2 tsp oil
- In microwave heat water for 1 minute 30 seconds.
- While water heats up put flour, yeast, salt and sugar in food processor and pulse to combine.
- Combine the warm water and oil and drizzle into food processor while on to create dough. If dough is to dry add water, and if too wet add more flour
- Process until a ball is formed and then 1 minute more to knead.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and roll out to your desired thickeness.
- Let dough rest for 10-20 minutes with plastic wrap lightly sprayed with cooking oil.
- Pre-heat oven to 500* with pizza stone inside it while dough slightly rises.
- After dough is done rising place on pizza stone, and you should hear a sizzle which will provide you with a crisp crust.
- Top crust with your favorite toppings and then into the oven for 10-15 minutes to cook.
I topped this pizza with all green vegetables and no cheese but some basil olive oil.