Healthy snacks does not have to mean carrots and hummus. It doesn’t mean that you should be sprinkling pepper onto a hard-boiled egg, nor does it mean that you should go and just drink water to ease those hunger pains and cravings. When I think of the words healthy snacks I think of those items listed in the previous sentences but I also believe that healthy snacks can be more than that. I also believe that sometimes a donut can be a healthy snack.
Baked Banana Walnut Donuts
By August 7, 2013Published:
Banana Nut Muffin? Nope. Banana Nut Bread? Nope. This is a recipe for banana walnut donuts and they are baked, not fried. Thank you to @hungryfoodies
- 2 Ripe Bananas Mashed
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Raw Honey
- 1/2 Cup Organic Coconut Sugar Plus some for sprinkling
- 2 1/4 Cup White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4-1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 425*
- Spray donut pan with coconut oil spray (or rub coconut oil into the pan)
- Combine all wet ingredients and coconut sugar.
- To mixture add all dry ingredients, minus the walnuts, and combine until well incorporated.
- Fold in walnuts and then set aside for 5 minutes.
- Scoop batter into donut pan until 3/4 full and sprinkle with coconut sugar.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes. When done cooking remove and set out on a cooling rack.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress