There's No Place Like Boston

You may or may not recall my purchase from RunOn! at the Dallas White Rock Marathon.  I had purchased some Adidas AdiZero shoes.  They were on the rack staring at me and saying....buy me!  On Friday I tried them on but did not purchase.  Went back to the expo on Saturday and low and behold....they were sold.  The store, being as awesome as they are, took my order and then sent the shoes from their Dallas store to their Coppell store. Yesterday I got the call.  Kinda like being in Triple A and having the manager call you into his office that you were just promoted to the bigs.  I didn't know what to do.  Stop what I was doing right then and there?  Go before my swim? Go after my swim--but what if they are closed? Now let me mention that I am not scheduled for a run until Saturday but hey.....the shoes were here and I wanted them. I made the decision to go get them before my swim session yesterday, which by the way went very well.  I got them home and did not take them out of the box.  This morning I decided I was busting these babies out.  I mean you have to try them on, walk around a tad to break them in, make sure they are good for your feet and well they just look super awesome. I already gave them a name, but will reveal that in a moment. Let's get back to the title of this post.  There's No Place Like Boston.  This has two meanings because of the idea of qualifying for Boston, and the second notion will be revealed soon..... I have to improve by 24 minutes to  get to Boston and it is happening.  This is not an option.  I am doing it.  Period.  Don't ask me how because it doesn't matter how, what matters is that my mind is convinced I can and my body will follow.  Running is 90% mental and the remaining 10% is physical. Let's break down the Wizard of Oz. The Scarecrow wants to get a brain, the Tin Woodman a heart, and the Cowardly Lion, courage. I have the brain part done because the mind knows I can run 3:15.  I have the heart because I am a STOTAN MACHINE.  And I have the courage of my convictions. What is left is the clicking of the ruby red shoes and Boston is where I will be. So with that said, I now have the 4th part of this plan done:
Meet the En Fuegos -- because I will run like my feet are on fire
They just make me look faster already
Clickng my heels - and you won't get sick like the altitude shot of EMZs shoes
To Q, and Matt....see you in Boston in April 2012....we WILL do this.
Do you want to get to Boston?  What is your secret weapon in getting there?

DID YOU LIKE THIS ARTICLE? SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS:
Jason Bahamundi

About the Author:

I grew up in New York and lived there for 34 years until I got divorced and moved 1600 miles to my new home in Texas.  I love New York and miss it but that does not mean that Texas hasn’t been great to me because it has.  It was here that I discovered endurance sports and specifically the sport of triathlon.  Triathlon has given me new life through all the challenges it presents.  I no longer look at life the same way and I can say that is in part due to my endeavor into this sport.

Related Stories